REMEMBERING YOU


Remembering you
When you were well
And we had the world by the tail

Remembering––
Your eyes meeting mine
With your head moving side to side
Like a puppy dog 
As a joyful grin spreads across your face

Never had anyone look at me that way
Before or after you

I miss how you loved me.

Grateful we had each other
Though losing you sometimes feels like hot needles
Stabbing at my barely beating heart

Remembering us––
Our brief moment in time
How we marveled at our good fortune in finding each other

Laughing and holding hands
Feeling the power of love.
Declaring it for all eternity on the Spanish Steps

We thought it'd never end.
Until your children, cancer, and death came calling.

Memories spark as I run across a photo of us
Taken somewhere in Europe

Grief comes crashing in
We once had it all, didn't we?

Can you hear me?

Maybe you do

I miss you
I miss us
I miss love









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DR MCELROY AND TEXAS A&M

MY LIFE WITH TERI FLANAGAN

ROSA PARKS AND THE DREAM