THE PASSAGE OF TIME

Time is going by so fast these days that it’s almost like watching a movie at warp speed, only I’m smack dab in the middle.  My grandchildren are no longer babies, and friends die at record speeds.  I suppose it’s the circle of life occurring in real-time, with the end not that far away.

Wasn’t it just yesterday that I held my beautiful baby in my arms, then promptly became sleep-deprived for several months?  Those days and hours passed slowly, only to be rewarded with watching her grow into a beautiful human being.

Aging is a cruel business with reminders that what it once was can never be again. I’m moving much slower now, and my daughter must help me when I walk because we both fear I’ll fall for the fourth time in a year.  All those times I held her hands as she learned to walk are being repaid in a way I never dreamed would happen to me.

It’s another transition in life with the realization that I need to be around more people and make new friends.  I want to watch more games with my grandchildren. I want to be in my daughter’s presence when she has time.  I want to knock on a neighbor's door to ask for assistance if I need it and be there for them, too.  I want to be surrounded by people with similar values and beliefs.

Marcy texted me last week and asked what I wanted for Mother’s Day.  I told her I wanted time.  Time is the most precious gift she could ever give me, and being her mother has been my greatest pleasure.  Time is fleeting too quickly to not be with those we love.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DR MCELROY AND TEXAS A&M

MY LIFE WITH TERI FLANAGAN

ROSA PARKS AND THE DREAM