LETTER TO TEXAS MONTHLY

 Dear Editor,

 

When the laundry load was removed from the washing machine, every piece of clothing was covered with small, white, almost lint-like pieces. Whenever I emptied the dryer filter, it was filled with several handfuls of white fragments. And that stuff was impossible to remove from clothing, even with a lint remover. So, if lint weren't the culprit, what in the heck was it? I wondered what in the world caused it.

 

Throughout the day, I worried that something was wrong with the washing machine and would cost a lot of money to fix. Was there something clogging the hoses that ran into the machine? If I had left a Kleenex or paper towel in a pocket, it would have never resulted in the volume of white pieces removed from the dryer. It just didn't make sense.

 

When it was time for bed, I started looking for the latest issue of Texas Monthly. I searched everywhere. It wasn't on my nightstand, and it wasn't on the coffee table. I even looked in the recycle bin. That's when it struck me that I had placed the magazine on the bathroom counter that morning to make sure I took it downstairs to read during the day. Unfortunately, I had inadvertently placed laundry over it, carried the load downstairs, and hurriedly filled the washing machine before beginning my early morning walk.

 

Note to self:  At least read the Texas Monthly before it's washed. (Thank goodness I already read and saved a copy of the supplemental magazine on Willie Nelson that came with the latest issue of the Texas Monthly!)

 

Sincerely yours,

 

Dana Rushing

Horseshoe Bay, TX




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DR MCELROY AND TEXAS A&M

MY LIFE WITH TERI FLANAGAN

ROSA PARKS AND THE DREAM