CALL THE CORONER

When you're in your 'golden years' and living alone, there's a distinct possibility that no one will know you've died until the odor of a decaying body becomes too much to ignore.  I didn't worry about that scene until I thought about Paddy suffering alongside my cold, dead body.  I recently mentioned my concern to some friends, who suggested I ask Marcy to contact me daily.

Marcy has her hands full with a demanding career, two young children, and a husband.  She doesn't need one more task added to an already overwhelming day, so I asked her to text me daily.  

After two days of receiving a text with the question, "Are you alive?" simultaneously, I realized that she had programmed the message.  I began to humor myself by responding with pictures of various distressed women.

She was working close by yesterday when I received the daily message.  

Me: "No."  

Marcy:  "I guess I'll send the coroner."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DR MCELROY AND TEXAS A&M

MY LIFE WITH TERI FLANAGAN

ROSA PARKS AND THE DREAM