SAYING GOODBYE


 

No one to call me ‘babe’ anymore.

No more struggling to stop your constant self-pity

While watching the minutes slowly go by.

How I suffered being around you for 70 years

 

No more watching you favor my brothers 

While looking at me with disdain

Making me feel ugly and unlovable.

You never cared for me. 

 

‘Babe’ wasn’t a term of affection

But something you threw my way 

Not meaning one minute of kindness. 

At least you’re no longer trapped in your hate.

 

How were the past two years

Living in a facility hours away 

From your precious sons

Who perfectly duped you?

 

No more “poor, poor me.” 

And I will not follow in your footsteps

Down your battered, broken, and bitter road.

I’m forever free from your coldness toward me.

 

Tomorrow, you’ll be buried high on a hill,

Next to my abusive father,

A man you detested for almost 80 years.

Yet, you never stopped the beatings or offered consolation.

 

If only you had realized your hate came from within…

 

Always looking to find a target.



(picture taken at my 70th birthday party)



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DR MCELROY AND TEXAS A&M

MY LIFE WITH TERI FLANAGAN

ROSA PARKS AND THE DREAM