EVEN GEEZERS DRINK KOOL-AID


I hadn’t been in the dog park long before an older man entered with his gorgeous schnauzer.  Paddy and the dog immediately started playing, running in circles and pretend-nipping each other’s ears. Paddy also performed unnatural acts on the schnauzer’s side, which was unlike him.  I yelled a few times to make him stop humping.  This had to have been a foreshadowing of what was about to happen.

 

The man appeared to be at least 80 and had trouble walking, even more so than my crooked gait. Soon, he sat beside me as we greeted each other and exchanged names.  At that time, I had only lived here for six weeks. They moved in more recently.

 

He told me that he was a retired military officer who continued to consult with the armed forces. I wondered how a man of that age could have anything noteworthy to share since technology had passed him by decades ago, but I was born a skeptic. Besides, he could hardly walk, and his lower lip quivered while speaking, with a slight drool streaming down his chin.

 

Within a few minutes, he said the country was going to hell, especially the FBI.  This was August 9, a day after the FBI found classified documents at Mar-a-Lago.  When he said the FBI planted the records, I rolled my eyes and immediately told him I needed to leave.

 

Since then, I’ve frequently seen the couple and was friendly with the wife for a short time.  After I shared with her that I had been active in the Democratic Party, she told me that she had always been a Democrat until she met her current husband 20 years ago.  He suggested that she “open her mind,” and that’s when she became a Republican.  I was skeptical about that, too, as it’s more like she knows where her bread is buttered. It’s not hard to imagine this couple sitting in recliners watching FOX News all day long. After she mentioned that she LOVED DeSantis, I could no longer be around her.  Interestingly, she holds the views of a far right-wing “unwoke” Republican even though one of her daughters is gay. But then, she rarely mentioned this daughter and shared that she had difficulty accepting her daughter’s “lifestyle.”  

 

Since the indictment concerning the documents found at Mar-a-Lago is unsealed, one must wonder what they think of the FBI now.  Do they still believe the documents were planted, even though audio recordings prove that Trump bragged about possessing top secrets while admitting he was not supposed to have them?  Additionally, photographs of the documents are stored in various locations.  Did the FBI plant those, or are those “fake” photos?

 

I’m not going to ask them about it. They probably haven’t read the indictment.  I’m willing to bet they consider the whole mess a “witch hunt” and unfair to their beloved idol. 

 

Our country is in massive trouble if the armed forces take advice from this feeble older man who believes the FBI plants evidence and that Trump is honest.  Plus, isn’t he concerned that Trump has endangered our entire country and military by possessing top-secret documents that weren’t safely kept and may have been shared or sold to unsavory characters?  After all, he’s a proud retired veteran who supposedly still consults with the military.  Go figure.


Despite their position on the FBI and Trump, they have a beautiful dog with the most human-like eyes you’ve ever seen!



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DR MCELROY AND TEXAS A&M

MY LIFE WITH TERI FLANAGAN

ROSA PARKS AND THE DREAM