GRANDMOTHER WRIGHT

While listening to a concert last night, thoughts drifted to my Grandmother and how much I wish I could once again hear her play the piano and sing.  It's been about 25 years since she died, but I can still hear her lively, high-pitched voice singing gospel songs while playing the piano.  Her talent was even more impressive because she had never learned to read music, yet she could play that piano like someone trained at Juilliard.  She was only 4'10", with one leg significantly shorter than the other, so her parents didn't send her to college as they did for her siblings. She was the smartest and most talented of all of them.  So today, I'm paying tribute to my Grandmother, Maggie Wright.  Love you. (Just a Closer Walk with Thee)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DR MCELROY AND TEXAS A&M

MY LIFE WITH TERI FLANAGAN

ROSA PARKS AND THE DREAM