THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT

On our early morning walk to the ocean, we met a young, weary mother walking slowly with a baby in her arms.  A most unusual sight at 5:45 AM.  She haltingly asked me, "Taxi?"  And then, "No Police."  I asked her if she had just gotten off a boat from Haiti, and she said she had.  ((an illegal crossing). While I walked with her to get a taxi, I found out that the time in the boat was treacherous and frightening.  I don't want to hear about how we need to prevent illegal immigrants.  Not when you think about the courage it takes people to risk everything for a better life.  Our world should have no borders. If we had to, we would have done what this woman did.  Prayers for the mother and baby.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DR MCELROY AND TEXAS A&M

MY LIFE WITH TERI FLANAGAN

ROSA PARKS AND THE DREAM