PADDY, THE SERVICE DOG

Sometimes I tire of questions about Paddy's status as a service dog (he wears a collar with bold "Service Dog" lettering).  Many people have no trouble asking about my disability.  People who know me are aware that I have significant hearing loss. Paddy alerts me when someone comes to the door or if someone is walking behind us.

Last Saturday, a well-meaning but rude woman condescendingly responded to my answer with, 'all of us will one day have hearing problems.'  Well...mine started when I was young and had multiple ear infections, but okay, thanks for reminding me that I'm old!

I decided to amuse myself the next time I was asked.  Paddy and I were in the mail room yesterday when a man approached me and, of course, had to go there.  I responded, "I have anger management issues, and he helps keep me calm."  He replied, "Oh really?  I also take [a prescription drug] for it."  That's what I get for being a smart ass.

I couldn't get out of there fast enough and laughed all the way home.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DR MCELROY AND TEXAS A&M

MY LIFE WITH TERI FLANAGAN

ROSA PARKS AND THE DREAM