GEEZER DATING: The Crazy Psychotherapist

Newsflash from the online geezer dating site: I met a psychotherapist last night and hoped it might be a 'meeting of the minds' since I was a psychotherapist in Texas many years ago. (realized I was more suited to management). He didn't know at first that I was a former therapist. Within 10 minutes of the meeting, he told me that he had been sexually abused as a child, he and his parents were alcoholics (he's been sober for 30 years), he was in a messy divorce with his wife getting all the money, he was an amputee from a car accident years ago and that he was an expert with helping people recover from PTSD and could apply his technique within a few minutes to heal them.  He related that he was mentally healthy.  Hmm... I wonder if spilling your guts within a few minutes of meeting someone indicates mental health?  (not)  It lasted about 30 minutes, but it seemed like hours. Sigh.  Oh well, more material for the book!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DR MCELROY AND TEXAS A&M

MY LIFE WITH TERI FLANAGAN

ROSA PARKS AND THE DREAM