FILLING THE EMPTY SPACES WITH LOVE

After our walk this morning, Paddy and I had breakfast at a nearby restaurant.  It was a convivial atmosphere with other dog owners and the restaurant owner enjoying a beautiful morning together. On the other side of the street, an emaciated young woman was walking her small dog. 

On occasion, I had seen the woman going into the park next to my condo with a man following her and other men driving into the parking lot and leaving after a few minutes.  The action happened in the park's bathroom.  When I saw her with the dog, I wondered how she cared for a dog when she couldn't take care of herself. 

In a few minutes, she walked into our seating area and tearfully asked the owner if she would take her dog because she was unable to take care of the dog anymore.  She also explained that she was starving and had not eaten in a few days.  Upon hearing this, we were all in tears.  The owner gladly took the dog and fed the woman.  

There was love all around on behalf of the woman who knew she had to give away a dog she obviously loved and by the restaurant owner who needed to fill an empty space in her heart.  When I talked with the owner later, she explained that she had to put her 13-year-old Lab to sleep a few days ago.  I didn't have to attend church today to feel God's presence.  His love was all around me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DR MCELROY AND TEXAS A&M

MY LIFE WITH TERI FLANAGAN

ROSA PARKS AND THE DREAM