THIS FATHER'S DAY



THIS FATHER'S DAY

This Father's Day, I won't be searching for just the right card to send (not too mushy and not too funny), followed by a call to wish him a happy Father's Day.

This Father's Day, I won't be taking him on that ride in the country I envisioned as soon as I retired and lived closer.

This Father's Day, we won't be playing golf on an early Saturday morning like we did many years ago. I won't hear, "Wow, that's a good one!"

This Father's Day, he won't read my latest story, tell me how much he enjoyed it, or encourage me to continue writing.

This Father's Day, I'll tell him, "I love you, Daddy," and I'll hear him faintly whisper, "I love you, too, sweetheart."

This Father's Day, I'll take a ride in the country and place flowers on his grave.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DR MCELROY AND TEXAS A&M

MY LIFE WITH TERI FLANAGAN

ROSA PARKS AND THE DREAM